Giving through the Three Rivers Community Foundation is easy. Through our many giving options we can help you meet your philanthropic and financial goals. You can get started by taking these steps:
- Define your charitable and financial objectives. Where would you like your gift to have an impact? What types of tax benefits do you seek? Would you like to involve your family?
- Once you have decided how involved you would like to be in grantmaking, choose the type of fund that suits you best. Then select a name for your fund.
- Decide how much you would like to contribute and how, through an outright gift or a planned gift.
- Identify the assets you will use to create a fund and complete a Donor Fund Agreement (pdf).
Once you make your gift, it will be used to start your fund. From then on, the Three Rivers Community Foundation takes care of tax reporting, check writing and all other grant administration.
The Foundation is here to help you at any point along the way. We will work with you, your attorney, and any other advisors to make your giving satisfying and hassle-free. For more information or to get started, please contact us at (509) 735-5559.
Fund Administration Fees
The fee structure at the Three Rivers Community Foundation is based on the type and size of your fund, with at least ninety-seven (97) percent of your gift going directly to the community. All fees include a .75% investment management fee.
Designated, Donor Advised, Area of Interest, and Memorial Fund
Pass Through Fund
1.5% per deposit
Investment and Donor Forms
- Donor Fund Agreement.pdf (268 KB) - This form is used to start a new fund at the Three Rivers Community Foundation.
- Scholarship Guidelines and Procedures.pdf (208 KB)
- Scholarship Application Form.pdf (68 KB)
- Letter of Intent.pdf (200 KB) - For those wishing to let us know that the Foundation is in their will. Upon completion of this form, donors become members of the Three Rivers Heritage Society.
Foundation Brochures and More
- Options for Giving.pdf (52 KB) - This document details the various fund options available through the Three Rivers Community Foundation from donor advised funds to scholarship funds and more.
- Starting a Donor Advised Fund with the Three Rivers Community Foundation.pdf (72 KB) - This brochure answers the questions donors typically have in deciding to open a Donor Advised Fund.
- The Family Donor Advised Fund.pdf (56 KB) - This brochure answers the questions donors typically have in deciding to open a Family Donor Advised Fund.
- Your Vision, Your Legacy, the Tri Cities’ Future.pdf (68 KB) - An introduction to the Three Rivers Community Foundation and what community foundations can do.
- Benefits of a Community Foundation.pdf (584 KB) - An introduction to the Three Rivers Community Foundation and what community foundations can do.
- Professional Advisor's Perspective.pdf (592 KB) - This brochure gives financial planners perspectives on community foundations from inside their own professions.
- Estate Planning Perspective.pdf (604 KB) - This brochure gives financial planners perspectives on community foundations from inside their own professions.