Thank you for your interest in applying for a Three Rivers Community Foundation grant. The Foundation recognizes the critical role nonprofit organizations play in supporting a healthy community. We value the important work that you are doing and recognize that our grants are important for your continued success. PLEASE REVIEW THE EXCLUSIONS FOR FUNDING LISTED BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH AN APPLICATION.
Who may apply?
Any nonprofit organization having recognition as a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code may apply for a grant through the Foundation. Applicants must be registered in the State of Washington and serve Benton or Franklin Counties or the Burbank, WA area.
What is excluded from funding?
Three Rivers Community Foundation does NOT fund the following:
- Capital campaigns - including staffing for campaigns as well as bricks and mortar
- Capital expenditures for real estate or building construction
- Debt retirement/reduction
- Feasibility projects
- Organizations that discriminate with regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, religious affiliation or presence of a disability
- Political or lobbying activities
- Religious purposes (organizations with religious affiliations will be considered for grants ONLY if their activities address the needs of the wider community without regard to religious belief)
On-Line Application Deadline: For 2018 the deadline is Friday, September 14th. No applications accepted after that date.
Only ONE application will be accepted from each organization; however, more than one request may be included within the application but the organization must prioritize which need is most worthy of 3RCF support. Grant awards range from $500 on up to a very limited number in the $10,000-$20,000 level. The majority of the awards are in the $1,000 - $2,500 range. Several factors determine the grant distribution amount available each year including investment performance, number of applications received, and donor endowed fund criteria.
All applicants will be scheduled for a 10-minute oral interview and must appear in person (no conference calls allowed). If an applicant fails to appear for the scheduled oral interview, the application will not be considered for funding. During the oral interview the applicant should acknowledge previous grants (if any) from 3RCF; provide a brief summary of the benefits to be gained from a 3RCF grant and specifically identify any (or all) of the following:
How a grant will:
- Improve services provided to others;
- Address a need currently not being met in the community due to lack of funding;
- Address an unfunded need or emergency that cannot be funded by existing sources;
- Fill a specific need to improve the operation of the agency, and
- Please be prepared to explain how the grant will specifically impact an individual or group.
The remainder of the allotted 10-minute interview time will be devoted to questions from the Board.
For more information regarding the application process, contact Carrie Green at (509) 735-5559, or firstname.lastname@example.org.