The Three Rivers Community Foundation was incorporated in 1999 by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. In 2002, the Foundation awarded its first grants.
The Foundation is a partnership of donors, nonprofit organizations, and the community working together to strengthen our region and find solutions to the pressing needs of the greater Tri-Cities area. We serve as a conduit between the donor and the nonprofit.
We are the greater Tri-Cities public foundation. We will always be a source of support for the community's ever-changing needs. We are a unique philanthropic entity concerned with the entire Tri-Cities community and its social, cultural, medical, environmental, educational and civic needs.
The Three Rivers Community Foundation is a community endowment whose mission is to strengthen and improve the quality of life in the Three Rivers Community by supporting and enhancing philanthropy and charitable activities. The Foundation fulfills its mission by:
- Encouraging growth in private giving for the public good
- Building a permanent endowment that supports long-range giving in the Three Rivers Community
- Distributing funds to local nonprofits on an annual basis according to donor wishes
- Meeting high professional standards in the investment and management of funds
- Serving donors responsively and with commitment
- Promoting effective and efficient grant making to serve the opportunities and needs of the Three Rivers Community